Monday, 6 December 2010

Initial ideas for CD/Digipak.

Initially, I was going to make a whole album cover for Professor Green, which would obviously include my groups chosen track 'Jungle'. I decided to have a picture of the boy who acted Professor Green in the video on my front cover, using a still from what we had previously shot. I was torn between the use of block font or the graffiti font that I had found. However, I have already seen the album cover that exists for 'Alive 'Till I'm Dead' and I believed that if I had stuck to this choice that my own cover would be far too similar in its layout to the original to be credited for my own ideas and I wanted to avoid this. Though I have discarded this decision, I am considering using Professor Green's actor on the website.
Instead, I have decided that it would be more sensible to use a design a single cover for the track we are filming, which I will also insert on my webpage. I made this decision as I believe that I'll be able to effectively link iconography between the three, which the audience will be able to recognise. I still plan to use a still from our video, however I want to encapsulate what I believe is an important part of it: the face off between Professor Green, the lions and Maverick, the gorillas. I'm still quite undecided on the type of font I'm going to use although I am more partial to using block font as its used mostly on my website: I want the graffiti font to be exclusively for Professor Green's name. On the back, of course, I will have the track name and the extra disc's name ('The making of.'). On the inside, there will be two discs and as of yet, I'm still deciding what I want on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment